Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Boom Boom Boom...what a weekend!!

What a weekend! It's amazing how we can squeeze so much stuff into one weekend.

We started off the by hitting the laundromat...no my machine is not broken. I just decided that I didn't want to spend the next week playing catching up. We have spent so much time moving my parents, that my own house is in shambles. I'm just keeping it real here... we had 15 loads of laundry, yes 15!! I know that seems like a lot, but with a household of six people and a usual routine of three loads a day, it is not hard to get behind....so no judgement please!! That also included everyone sheets comforter's and blankets too...just through that in to make myself feel better.


I love those wheeled carts! I would love to have one for each person in my family. That would also mean that I would have to have a much larger laundry room



My husband thought that I was crazy. We haven't been to the laundromat for years, but he went along anyway. We left the littles at home with Kyle.
 We went out to dinner afterwards to a restaurant that he had been wanting to  check out.

 I find the laundromat  relaxing, something about the smell of dyer sheets and the sound of all the machines, just almost puts me to sleep.

 Yes this is all mine

We brought some stuff to entertain us while we were there, but didn't get much down time. It only took us two hours from start to finish to wash, dry, hang and fold 15 loads. It Sooo made it worth loading it all up to not have to spend a week catching up.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



 On Sunday we went church and Sunday school for the first time in three weeks. It was good to be back.


Lunch at Chilli's...I felt petty good that we fed four of us for 20 bucks. It is so easy to get sucked into ordering sodas and kids meals and before long you have spent 60 dollars. I am not one to go out to eat one a regular basis. I can feed everyone much cheaper and healthier than what we can get at a restaurant. However, I do feel that it is nice to go out for special occasion's  to help teach your children to learn self control and basic manners.

Then it was off to the movies to see Transformers. I will let you know that I DON"t recommend this movie for small children. I should have read more on it before I took them. It does have some bad language and it was pretty violent. Luke thought it was great . Aiden lost interest in it about half way. My husband an Kyle love these movies , but it wouldn't have been my first choice for the little boys. I thought it was fine, but would have seen something else for myself.


***********************************4th of July*********************************

We decided to spend the 4th with my husnads family. Here are all the dads supervising the kids lighting fireworks.


                                                My daughter looking pretty as always.

Watching the fireworks




                                                 Luke checking out the fireworks selection
       

I made the pulled pork recipe that I talked about in my last post. It was soo good and easy. I will be using that recipe again.
My sister -in- law holing up one of the tomato, basil, mozzarella sticks that I had made. Everyone loved them!! YUM!!

                                                      Red, white and blue cup cakes

I am so tired today, but it was a good weekend with everyone. Now I'm off to run errands and hopefully get some crafting in . 

No comments:

Post a Comment